What is this blog about?

I've been a lacto-ovo veggie for 15+ years and for almost every week of those years I've found myself going out to eat with my meat loving family or friends. Tired of finding myself at restaurants were I'm left nibbling on a very uncreative salad I've created this blog to help others like myself find the best options when eating out, and what restaurants your better off staying away from if you're looking for a fulfilling veggie meal.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Jameson's Original Charhouse

5016 Northwest Highway
Crystal Lake , IL 60014

Menu Creativity:  None
Ambiance:  "What, I can't hear you...it's too noisy in here"!
Overall Experience:  Long wait, sad food, but nice staff
Rating:  Poor for vegetarians and worse for vegans
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You might be thinking, what in the world does a vegetarian expect going to a steakhouse, well let me tell you when one's Mother tells you how much she's been wanting to go there and tugs on your heartstrings you go and hope for the best!  What I certainly wasn't expecting was the utter lack of veggie options!  After waiting over an hour to be seated my menu choices were as follows:
  • Fettuccine Alfredo 
  • Linguine Marinara (RV)
  • Greek Salad and does have vegan dressing options(RV)
  • Potato Skins
  • Onion Rings
For the full menu go to http://www.jamesons-charhouse.com/bloom_dinner_menu.html

Yes, they do have pasta options but they are uncreative and almost seem like an afterthought just slapped on there to give Catholics another option on Fridays.  Since I saw that the dinner options came with a choice to have fresh veggies with their meal I asked the waiter if they could do a fresh veggie dish for me and was told apologetically "Ummm...No, but we have salad."  
What I ate:  Embarrassingly I had the potato skins without the bacon.  I have an overall weakness for all things potato and a special place in my heart for amazing potato skins.  Unfortunately these were not amazing skins.  They were overly greasy with burnt edges.   
(V)=Vegan Friendly
(RV)=Can Request to be Made Vegan


Let me know where you think I should eat next?  If you've eaten at Jameson's Original Charhouse what was your experience?  Post your responses in the comments below.


Check out my daily blog at: http://thininvisiblesteel.blogspot.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment